Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Thoughts on A Brother's Honor

"The Granger brothers left behind their family's Virginia estate and the bad memories it holds 151 years ago. But their dying grandfather's request brings them home: to a failing business, a legacy of secrets and a deathbed promise to make things right.
As the eldest brother, attorney Jace Granger is determined to take responsibility for Granger Aeronautics, his family's failing business. But the years of mismanagement seem impossible to untangle. As CEO, he hires a consultant to turn the company around. Smart, sexy Shana Bradford is the right person for the job and the right woman to turn Jace's world upside down.
But the passion between them is jeopardized when old secrets begin to emerge. A woman from Jace's past suddenly reappears. And an explosive discovery changes everything Jace thinks he knows about his mother and his father, who was convicted of her murder.
Jace Granger tried to leave his family history behind once before. But this time he needs to face the past or risk losing his future.
Three brothers. One legacy. A lifetime of secrets."

What I liked
I liked the relationship between the brother's and how each Granger brother seemed unique.
I also liked the relationship between Shana and her sister, although I thought the relationship between the girls and their dad felt forced.

What I didn't like
Define romance. If we're talking emotion this never hit the mark. If we're talking pure physical attraction--which I would define as lust--this fit the bill. Until the last 15% of the book the attraction between Jace and Shana can be defined as lust then after they've been sleeping together they decided they're in love with each other, but neither will admit it. And while we're on this while I pointed out that each brother was unique, every man in the book seemed to have a fettish for legs. I have no idea why but this annoyed me. And Jace's ex-wife was over the top. But I think my biggest problem with this book is that most of the book seems to be pointing to uncovering who murdered their mother so that the Granger Brothers' dad would get out of prison. This never happened.

1 comment: