Monday, September 1, 2014

Monday Mishmash


  1.  Fining Hope is out!!!! You can find it here.

When insecure eighteen-year-old Kailee Hill gets caught tagging Iraq war refugee, Abrahem Yohanna's garage, she's not expecting him to act as her designated driver, hold her hair back when she pukes, or offer to be a shoulder to cry on. But she's failing chemistry and her life is falling apart, so she uses the number Abe leaves her and finds herself with a new tutor. 
The two quickly find themselves falling hard for each other. Kailee attacks a local grunt when he calls Abe a "sand nigger" and fights with her veteran brother to be with him. When she learns Abe hasn't told his family about her, she's heartbroken and the couple risks losing everything they've worked to build. To make matters worse, Kailee's previous acts make her the prime suspect in a serious crime. With Kailee behind bars and doubting his feelings for her, Abe must find a way to rescue the girl he loves and win back her affection . And to do that, he’ll have to catch a crook… 
   2. Theme- I really need some thoughts on theme. If you happen to be a teacher, what do you think would be most helpful in teaching theme to 8-12th grade students?
   3. Teaching Certificate- I bit the bullet and changed programs, so now I'm re-taking classes to be intern eligible again. But I shall survive.
   4. Insane Semester!- This semester has already been insane and really hasn't even started. I'm currently reading a textbook to learn HTML/CSS. This semester I will write five essays, read five textbooks, build a website by hand, and write the fiction workbook I previously mentioned. In addition to this I have a 5 page prospectus due very soon. I don't even know what that is. Yay. Talk about being set up for failure. LOL. 
  5. Substitute Teaching- I'm on four sub lists this semester. Hopefully, this leads to a full time job somewhere.
  

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your release. Finding Hope is a great book. And I hope this semester flies by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover! Sounds like a sweet read.

    I was one of those weird kids who enjoyed finding the theme. It was being a literary PI. (I also enjoyed diagramming...freakish, right?) The book that sticks in my head the strongest was Tess of the D'Urbervilles and Night by Elie Wiesel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on releasing Finding Hope! I look forward to reading it.

    Don't worry too much about HTML and CSS. Once you get the basics down, it gets easier and easier to learn and work with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Your book sounds wonderful. Best of luck with all your activities. They'll keep you busy. :)

    ReplyDelete