Monday, April 11, 2011

I...

So blame the A-Z Challenge, but today I'm going to have a totally narcissistic post in which many sentences start with the letter I. I had an awesome weekend, and while u might not care about the totally narcissistic post if you can hold out until the end, you will like it ;). I went to the SCBWI conference Saturday, which was awesome because the editor who spoke is allowing attendees to query her directly. After that my husband and I drove to Chicago to meet my critique partner who was kind enough to bring me a giant sack of books. I'll eventually send them back but for right now it's like Christmas in April.

I went to Border's on Sunday because my husband was thinking of getting some tech books and we needed to stop at Best Buy to upgrade the camera before venturing off for the day. I'm so glad I stopped at Borders!!!! I got 9 books for $24. I thought this was a really good deal. (yes, thought). I spent the day with Emil. It was nice, like a first date. Then started my job, which I love, today.

Then things got really good. I was driving to the library to return/donate books and saw a final blowout sign for Borders. It took me just over an hour and a lot of back breaking work but I left with 29 books under $8!!!!.

And this is where things get good for you.

I'm giving away the following books:

Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams (hardback)

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (hardback)

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (hardback)

Misguided Angel by Melissa de La Cruz (hardback)

Some Like It Hot by Zoey Dean

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow

Devoured by Amanda Marrone

To enter you must be a follower and comment w/ your email address and what book you would like to win, doing so will get you one entry. (You must tell me you're a follower). Blogging this contest with a post specific to it will get you 5 extra entries as will putting it in your sidebar. You may fb/tweet/buzz it daily for one additional entry per post. But to gain your social networking entries you must leave a link in the comments. Each book will have it's own contest with a random chosen using random.org. The contest is opened only in the US & Canada and will close at midnight on April 22.

Also, please check back later in the week as I picked up four books for the journal's blog and will be using my blog to announce that blog's contest.  Thanks!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Beth - I'm a follower and I tweeted your contest:
    http://twitter.com/#!/JessieHarrell/status/57781584690028544
    I'd like to be entered for Devoured, please. Thanks for the give away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a follower! And I tweeted about your contest here: http://twitter.com/#!/kellyhashway/status/57786314665369600
    I'd love to be entered to win Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (hardback)
    khashway(at)hotmail(dot)com
    Thanks for offering such a great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a follower and I tweeted about your book contest. Let's see, I'd like to read Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. My email: kitsy84557(at)gmail(dot)com
    Cheers, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a follower and I tweeted the contest too. http://twitter.com/#!/regina_linton/status/57832910555856896
    Linger by Maggie Stiefvarter has been on my TBR list forever.
    regina.linton@gmail.com
    Thanks for a wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books.I'm a follower and I tweeted. http://twitter.com/#!/beverlymcclure/status/57908355485794306

    Would love to win Misguided Angel. Have read a couple of the others. Beverlysmcclure (at) aol.com

    Thanks for the great contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. You know my email (maglove97@gmail.com). Misguided Angels!!!!!!!!!! I put it as my status (which you have seen) I buzzed it (which you have seen) and im twittering it and buzzing it right now. So 5, 1, 1, 1, 1. 9 right now. Will do more throughout the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. Forgot the twitter thing. http://twitter.com/#!/Maglove1997

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    nice giveaway!! I live in Europe, so I'm not entering, but I will put it up on my sidebar. Nice to meet you, btw!

    Tessa.x

    Tessa's Blurb - Dream. Imagine. Write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] a reminder if you love books, I’m giving away 7 [...]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there..

    Following you from A-Z challenge!

    Count me in for "some like it hot" or "jealousy".

    I'll link your contest in my blog for tomorrow, ie Apr 16th...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Follower: check. Tweeted: check. Sign me up to get Linger!
    http://twitter.com/nutschell

    ReplyDelete
  12. 12 for misguided angels
    +1 buzz +1 twitter +1 blog http://hereforyou-maggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love Crescendo, Some Like it Hot, Devoured or Glimpse. I don't know any of them but they all have fabulous titles!!!

    I'll be sure to post this on my sidebar in a moment as well, and you of course have my email and know I'm a follower!!!

    How's the querying going?

    ReplyDelete